- Why am I not able to select "Mainland China" Cross Border Payment Service?
- What is "Cross-Border Payment Service"?
- In which countries are “Cross-Border Payment Service” available?
- Is this only open to Malaysian users who travel abroad? How about any other nationalities who want to use Touch 'n Go eWallet in other countries or in Malaysia?
- What are the requirements a user must meet in order to use the service?
- How do I make payments abroad with the Touch 'n Go eWallet using “Cross-Border Payment Service”?
- How do I know which merchants are available for cross-border payment or accepting the Touch 'n Go eWallet?
- What is the currency exchange rate for payment transactions done overseas?
- Will users be able to view their latest transactions immediately?
- Will this require a local mobile line & data plan?
- Is there any transaction limit applied on cross-border transaction?
- What are the features available on Touch 'n Go eWallet when used overseas?
- What if I want to refund?
- Can I use Quick Payment when I’m overseas?
- Why am I not able to select Singapore “Cross-Border Payment Service”?