Your current loan value might not be the rebuilding cost of the same building. In the event of loss, claim settlement will be based on the rebuilding cost of the same building. Hence, you’ll need to ensure you have an adequate sum insured based on the rebuilding cost.
Articles in this section
- With my property insured under a mortgage, is it true that it is compulsory for me to purchase insurance coverage from the bank’s panel of insurers otherwise they might not approve my loan?
- The bank claimed that I am underinsured and wants me to get insured with their panel of insurers that will offer sufficient coverage based on loan value. What should I do?
- What is a cancellation note and how will I receive it?
- My home insurance policy from the bank will be expired soon. When should I purchase/ renew the insurance from AIA SafeHome?
- What kind of documents do I need to send to the bank in order to cancel my home insurance policy with the bank?
- I have informed the bank regarding my SafeHome policy with AIA, but the bank has arranged another policy for me and my account has been charged. How can I cancel the insurance policy with the bank?