You can watch this short video or follow the step by step instructions below:
1. Click on the Question mark icon at either the registration or the log in screen
2. In the next help menu screen, click on ‘I’ve changed my mobile number’
3. Enter your new phone number (You will receive an SMS OTP to verify your new phone number)
If you receive a message that your phone number is already in use, but you have just purchased a new mobile number, it could be because the telco company has recycled your number. Not to worry though! We would be glad to help you, just submit a request here.
4. Once you have verified your new phone number, your next step will be to enter in the ID number you used during your Account Verification (eKYC) Make sure you select the correct ID type. If the ID number you entered is connected to an existing eWallet account with verified Account Verification (eKYC) , you will be able to use face verification to recover your account in the next step.
5. Face verification is required to securely recover your account. If this is the first time using Face verification, please click on ‘Use Face Verification’ once you have understood the terms and conditions.
6. Face scanning will be initiated and verification must be successfully passed in order to recover your account.
7. Once you pass face verification, you’ll be able to recover your account by clicking ‘Recover Now’
8. Finally, you’ll need to log in with your new phone number to access your account. You may also need to confirm your pin in order to log in (if you have forgotten your pin, please click here to follow the steps to reset your pin)
9. That’s it! You’ll be back in the app with an updated mobile number.