If you are a Malaysian citizen, you are entitled to tax exemption for all cash donations as defined under sub-section 44 (6) of Income Tax Act 1967. You can verify if the organisations are tax exempted at LHDN’s website here.
Articles in this section
- Does Touch ‘n Go eWallet take any of the proceeds?
- How do I know if my donation was successful?
- Is my donation tax deductible?
- How do I obtain a receipt of my donation for tax deduction?
- Is there a minimum or maximum donation amount?
- I am a member of a charity or religious organisation and would like to include Touch ‘n Go eWallet as a payment method for donations. How do I apply?
- I have feedback on my donation and/or the donation’s organisation. Where can I submit my comments?