Yes. Touch ‘n Go eWallet app requires internet connection to work. If you're using a Malaysian mobile phone, you will need data roaming to be enabled, or use a local mobile line with data plan to use cross-border payment.
Articles in this section
- What is "Cross-Border Payment Service"?
- In which countries are “Cross-Border Payment Service” available?
- Is this only open to Malaysian users who travel abroad? How about any other nationalities who want to use TNG eWallet in other countries or in Malaysia?
- What are the requirements a user must meet in order to use the service?
- How do I make payments abroad with the TNG eWallet using “Cross-Border Payment Service”?
- How do I know which merchants are available for cross-border payment or accepting the TNG eWallet?
- What is the currency exchange rate for payment transactions done overseas?
- Will users be able to view their latest transactions immediately?
- Will this require a local mobile line & data plan?
- Is there any transaction limit applied on cross-border transaction?