Auto Payment function allows you to set up future recurring transactions at a pre-set timing and amount to a designated biller of your choice. Once you have activated “Auto Payment” function for WalletSafe, Touch ‘n Go eWallet will automatically deduct the premium amount from your eWallet within 48 hours after your existing policy expires to repurchase a new WalletSafe policy. Your new WalletSafe policy will be issued upon successful charging of premium and will be effective on the date and time as stated in the e-policy you receive.
Articles in this section
- What is Auto Payment for WalletSafe?
- I have not enabled my Auto Payment function on WalletSafe. What should I do to enable it?
- Can I disable the Auto Payment function for WalletSafe?
- Will the Auto Payment for WalletSafe deduct premium instantly right after my WalletSafe policy expires?
- Why is my Auto Payment for WalletSafe unsuccessful?
- What happens if my eWallet or GO+ balance is insufficient during the Auto Payment process?
- Will I receive notification if the Auto Payment processing fails due to insufficient balance?
- Will I receive any reminder or notification before the Auto Payment takes place?